Monday, March 11, 2013

The Frist week in college


      Hi, everyone. This is the first week I study in LAGCC, and I feel very happy to meet new people in the class. Since I am the only Chinese in the class,  it's a little bit lonely but  it also feels good to be different. 
      We learn race and culture this semester, and have to read several books about slavery. I think it's very impressed to learn that slaves were treat as not human at that time. I learn something about slaves trade in our history class when I was in high school. Actually, I thought people at that time they’ve known that slave trade is an evil thing, they just did this for the great profit. However, Frank Tannenbaum gives us several facts make us know something about the real slavery.
     Another interesting thing I found in the text is that the slaves built the New World. In the high school history I learn some knowledge about American’s history, it’s says that some Europeans came here to built their new home. Except the American Indian lost their land during the New World development part, we didn’t learn anything about that slaves built the New World. I thought that slaves was sold in Southern America as servants, because I read about that on “gone with the wind” when I was in middle school.
    Anyway, I think although it’s a little bit hard for me to read such many pages text in a week, but race and culture is interesting, I’ll try my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment